Software Consulting Engineer
Do you need a reliable and productive part time consulting engineer?
David Disbrow, owner of Greater Ebiz, is available.
You can download his resume here or view it below.
|RESUME OF DAVID B. DISBROW
1373 Overland Ct.
Mcloud, OK 74851
(405) 227-6205 (cell)
(405) 396-9330 (work)|
I’m currently looking for part time or contract work, 10 to 20 hours per week, in web design and development, PC or embedded software development, or test system software development.
My web designs have been completed ahead of time and have resulted in more business for my clients. In many cases, the web design paid for itself in less than one year. My customers have been very satisfied with my work and not only return with new projects of their own but also recommend me to others.
I have been the software project leader for the flagship product of a medical devices company. Major enhancements of the product software were completed in a timely fashion and customer acceptance of the product was excellent contributing to a sales record exceeding projections by more than 25%. Coding and functional errors were extremely low on the order of 1 error per 20,000 lines of code.
I was a key firmware team member for the development of high speed check processing equipment. Again project schedules were met in a timely fashion amid the pressures of changing design specifications and providing customer support.
2002 to present GREATER-EBIZ, LLC (owner) www.greater-ebiz.com
- Services: web hosting, web design, e-commerce, Internet marketing, consulting
- Responsibilities: Marketing and development
1995 to 2003 BIOMERIEUX (formerly ORGANON TEKNIKA), Oklahoma City, OK (full time position)
- Product: “BacT/ALERT 3D”, microbiology lab equipment used in clinical and industrial labs for detection of bacterial organisms.
- Responsibilities: software development team leader, development of product and design specifications, implementation and verification testing of product code, product documentation, educating and supporting field service and customer service departments.
- Skills/Knowledge: Object oriented design and analysis, Rational Rose OOAD case tool, SMX real time operating system, Borland and Microsoft C++ compilers, real and protected mode software implementation for 80x86 processors, Laboratory Information System interfacing, FDA(Federal Drug Administration) regulations
7/98 to 7/01 IMAGE SYSTEMS INTERNATIONAL, Oklahoma City, OK (consultant position)
- Product: “ASIS”, a high speed image capture and processing system for check processing
- Responsibilities: Consulting design engineer responsible for analysis design and implementation of real time software for product
- Skills/Knowledge: Microsoft C++ and MFC development, Windows NT, image processing, Ethernet TCP/IP
6/81 to 4/84 CONTROL DATA CORP. DOCUMENT DEVICES DIVISION, Oklahoma City, OK
5/84 to 9/95 BTI SYSTEMS INC., Oklahoma City, OK (full time position)
- Products: “90690 and 91690 Document Processing Systems”, high speed check processing equipment used in banking industry
- Responsibilities: Software specification, design and implementation, software version control, customer support
- Skills/Knowledge: MICR and OCR readers, servo control software, embedded real time software, Intel 80x86, Intel 8051, Analog Devices 2105 DSP, Motorola 6809 and 68000 processors, VRTX real time operating system, PVCS version control and configuration builder, Borland C++, PLM86, PASCAL, 80x86 assembly language.
9/78 - 6/81 WHIRLPOOL REFRIGERATION DIVISION, Evansville, IN (full time position)
- Projects: Solid state refrigerator, in-house test systems for life testing and performance testing of refrigerator and air condition components.
- Responsibilities: hardware and software design;
- Skills/Knowledge: DEC PDP 11/03, 11/23, and 11/70 minicomputers, PDP assembly language and FORTRAN.
UNIVERSITY OF EVANSVILLE, Evansville, IN
B. S. Computer Science and Engineering
(combined electrical engineering and computing science degrees)
- Recipient of Outstanding Senior Engineering Project Award 1978,
- Control Data Technical Excellence Award winner 1982
- Registered Professional Engineer, State of Oklahoma, 1997
We are you one stop for creating, design-ing, implementing and maintaining a web site.
Yes, you can register a domain name yourself and there are many companies that can provide hosting for your web site. Some even offer products that supposedly make it easy to build your web site yourself. The major flaw with this approach is when something doesn't work the way you expect it to. Yes, you can call their technical support hotline and eventually talk to a warm body, but why even face this scenario? Greater Ebiz has a great deal of experience with the "What the heck! It wasn't supposed to do that" scenarios and knows what to do in those cases.
Seriously, if you just want to concentrate on business and not a bunch of technical stuff then let Greater EBiz handle it for you. You will be glad you did.
We are glad to meet with you and learn what you want to achieve. We will propose a solution and cost estimate before you spend that first dime.